SC - pollack and pollock

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Apr 25 06:39:41 PDT 2000

Interestingly enough, my dictionary uses both words to indicate the same fish
(as a spelling variation, I thought!)
I baked some of it for dinner last night (lemon/pepper sauce), and it turned out
to be a very nice, firm white fish.  Not an overly "fishy" taste, and held
together well--wasn't falling apart or anything.  Texture reminded me of cod or
halibut.  Would probably work pretty good in cod-related fish recipes for a
feast.  Did not seem to be affected by probably having been frozen (hard to tell
out here, sometimes, but it's a pretty safe bet that most ocean/coastal fish is
frozen even when they say "fresh.") Hmmm, time to discover this flori-thingy....

- --Maire