SC - Beef Stew With Vegetables!!!

Lorix lorix at trump.net.au
Wed Apr 26 00:20:49 PDT 2000

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

<snip>

> I thought people might be interested in the preliminary findings, viz.,
> that the Steamed Beef Stew in Anthimus' 6th-century "De Oberuatione
> Ciborum Epistula" is very spiff indeed.
>
> I'm finishing the cooking of the meat on top of the vegetables (yes, a
> period European stew with vegetables!)

> I'll give more details on Monday . . .

<assumes begging position with hand outsretched>

Unto the List does Lorix send greetings.

Mmmmmm, I seemed to have oopsd!  While I have kept most of the thread in
relation to this message about beef stew, I cannot find the recipe that Master
Adamantius indicated he was going to post (horrors, I might have accidentally
deleted it ;-)

As I was really interested in this one, I was wondering if somebody could be so
kind as to re-post it to me, so that I might try it out too, because it sounded
delicious.

Yours, hopefully,
Lorix ;-)