SC - Disappointed

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Apr 26 14:26:58 PDT 2000

Aethulwulf,

I am sorry that you initial impression of SCA-Cooks is so negative.
Honestly, I don't remember seeing a message from you, especially one
saying "Hi! I'm here! I have questions!" I have seen initial posts from
others recently, and the welcome notes back. It is possible that yours
got buried in a flurry of some sort- we've had a few recently. It is
also possible that replies got buried and you missed them. It happens.
I've had it happen myself.

I'm sorry that you feel the group is elitist- it has been my experience
that they are anything but. Many people on the list I now call my
friends, even though I've never seen their faces (I still think we need
to put up a Rogues Gallery webpage- Stefan? *hint*). And generally if I
have a specific question I get more information back than I am prepared
to deal with. It can take time to get to know folks though- you might
want to just sit back and read for a bit, and figure out who's who and
what various folks are working on. But don't give up. We're a bit like a
family- even when we yell at each other there is a solid base of caring
there. It might just take time to find your place in the kitchen.

'Lainie