SC - another try

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Apr 26 21:00:39 PDT 2000

> Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 16:35:05 PDT
> From: "bill mayfield" <wpmay at hotmail.com>
> Subject: SC - another try
>
>    Greetings to the list
>     After reading the words and thoughts of
>      those who replied to me privately I have
>      chosen to heed those words and stay around
>      and give this place a chance.

Cool! Welcome back!

>   My interests are simple at this time as my
>     experince with period foods is limited,
>    my hope/plan is to learn all i can and grow
>    as a cook of period foods using as period
>    a method as possible.i accept that my growth may
>    be slow and at times overwhelming as well.
>   My library of books is small currently and needs
>    to grow to cover the basics.also my equipment
>    is non-existent and that situation needs to be cared
>    for as well.all advice/suggestons will be taken as
>    i truly want to be as good as i can be and be able
>    to share what i know/am learning with those who so desire.
>   My hope is to learn and grow and become a better person in the
>    process.

Maybe a little more information would be in order.

So, how do you see this list helping you? (I'm sure it can, I'm just
wondering where people might start...) For example, do you live in an
area that only does camping events, are you mostly interested in
open-fire cookery, or are you more likely to end up in a
food-service-type kitchen? Are you interested in cooking for SCA events,
or just doing period food on your own on a smaller scale? Both can be
useful ways to learn about different aspects of period cookery.

Does your persona have a role in your culinary interests?

One of the advantages on a list like this one is that there are so many
different viewpoints and styles of playing the SCA game. Some people on
the list don't play with the SCA at all; our common interest is mostly
in historical cookery.

Okay, your move ;  )

Adamantius
Østgardr, East