SC - new to the list

Lorix lorix at trump.net.au
Wed Apr 26 20:02:16 PDT 2000

Guenevere Nelson-Melby wrote:

> I too, am a recent subscriber, and I couldn't be happier.

Hey there & Welcome!

No doubt you will get people  give you a looooong welcome, but I have got to log
off & sleep (I am _sure_ there are people on this list who have not heard of
this concept 'cause I sure can't see how they can write as much as they do &
still have a life ;-).

Anyway, yours is my last message & I just thought I'd say Hi.  I'm based in
Tasmania Australia and I imagine that you are probably some distance away.
That, is what makes the list a seriously _good_ thing.  I will probably never
get to meet most of the people whose names have become recognised as people I
admire & respect.  I feel that _I_ have learned a lot from the list.  Now,
without the list, my knowledge would be restricted to things done by myself or
other individuals in my local group & perhaps our Principality (I say perhaps,
because Tasmania is an island off mainland Australia & i don't get to catch up
with people that often due to the cost of the voyage).  The List gives me access
to a large number of people with various levels of knowledge & experience from
all over the globe.

OK, sometimes when I 'wave' my hand so to speak (help, help, help OR me too, me
too, me too ;-) I don't get an immediate reply.  Hey, this can be a pretty rowdy
bunch and sometimes ya just gotta get there attention! (Adapting an Australian
colloquialism: Yes, a Brick shit house does have to fall on them for them to
notice;-)  But, when you've cut across the noise & got their focus, well, that
is when you learn!

Just a few thoughts,
Lorix