SC - another try

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 27 11:37:07 PDT 2000

>  Greetings to the list
>    After reading the words and thoughts of
>     those who replied to me privately I have
>     chosen to heed those words and stay around
>     and give this place a chance.
>      Yours in learning,
>       Aethelwulf

Well, I'm glad you did.  You may have noticed that this list generates a lot
of traffic.  I've gotten way behind and have spent most of my list reading
time the last three weeks simply culling out what appears to be stuff I
don't care about, based on the subject line or my opinion after reading a
few posts.  I may or may not ever see the message you complained no one
responded to.

It's a fun and feisty group. Almost anything important I know about medeival
food I can trace back to this list--directly or by following up on what
appeared her or by wandering through Stefan's Florilegium or Cariadoc's
Miscellany. Somebody did tell you about those, right?

The Florilegium is Stefan Li Rous best attempt to archive in a searchable
way information that comes across this list, as well as several other lists.
  You can spend quite a lot of time wandering through it at
http://florilegium.org.

The Miscellany is a book Cariadoc has published containing much useful
stuff, culinary and otherwise.  He sells hard copy of it reasonably cheaply,
info is on the website, along with info re: other research material he has
made available.  The miscelany is at
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cariadoc/miscellany.html   and it links to the
medieval and rennaisance food homepage at
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/food.html

So, feel welcome yet?  Ask any question you like, someone or a dozen will
answer it.  The answer may grow into a 'discussion' bigger than you, and you
should not take it personally but just read and evaluate.

Bonne