SC - Don't like Chocolate?!?

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 02:39:50 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/29/00 1:39:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time, evfemia at mail.com
writes:

> Apparently you're a night person too, Balthazar.

This is nothing, you should have seen me in my salad days...when I was green
in judgement.

>  So, how does one actually make white chocolate.  I know it's only the
>  cocoa butter and not the cocoa itself...

White chocolate is produced by extracting the cocoa butter during the cocoa
bean processing, and mixing it with sugar and, often times, vanilla and milk.
 Most commercial brands also include things like guar gum or carageenan, milk
solids, and any other combination of what I term "impurities".  The white
chocolate I buy is from Tiffany's, and it is one of the better ones, AFAIC.
It does not contain vanilla, nor any of the other additives (except for milk
and sugar).  It is also $7.25 a pound!!  So, naturally, I use it only for the
very special guests...

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Words are Trains for moving past what really has no Name.