SC - Pennsic Milk

Marian Deborah Rosenberg Marian.Deborah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu
Sat Apr 29 12:51:22 PDT 2000

Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 02:17:06 EDT
From: DianaFiona at aol.com
Subject: Re: SC - Don't like Chocolate?!?

In a message dated 4/28/00 9:51:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
baronsig at peganet.com writes:

<<
     <GASP!> Even the Pennsic milkchocomanna? The main reason people REALLY
 come to Pennsic? I load up the cooler with that luscious brown nectar before
 leaving site, and seldom have any left when I get home (OK, so it's a 30
 hour drive).The FIRST thing I do after getting past troll is to go and get a
 quart, then sit down under a tree and commune with the cocoa gods.
     Man, I wish I could get that stuff down here . . . Yoo Hoo just isn't
 the same.

     Sieggy >>

    Huh--I haven't made it to Pennsic yet, but some friends who know just how
big a chocoholic I am brought me back some a few years ago. I just wasn't
impressed--it was way too wimpy a chocolate flavor for me! I like the spiced
chocolate milk I came up with from that nearly-period chocolate treatise much
better--it had a lot higher chocolate-to-milk ratio. The crowd at our event
seemed happy with it, too.......... ;-) But I will grant that my dislike for
plain sweet milk may be influencing me some, too--I need more adulterants to
cover it's flavor than many folks do!

            Ldy Diana, who *loves* buttermilk. Go figure!

- ---
Mild buttermilk is okay to drink though I probably wouldn't have a whole glass
of it.  It makes a really great ingredient in things, though.

As for Pennsic milk, I was more impressed by the plain milk than the chocolate
milk (though I was rather impressed by the chocolate milk).  I brought some
chocolate milk home for my parents and they weren't impressed at all.  My mom's
dad owned a dairy, and she thought it just tasted like real milk, nothing
special.  My dad grew up getting milk delivered in the glass bottle with the
foil cap and agreed that while it was better than store milk it was just real
milk, nothing special.

- -M