SC -Don't Like Chocolate?!?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sun Apr 30 02:04:52 PDT 2000

CBlackwill at aol.com wrote:

> >  The main active ingredient is _theobromine_. It is only mildly
> >  addictive, less so than caffeine (which it is related to BTW), and
> >  creates a feeling of well-being that mimics the chemistry of falling in
> >  love, which may explain Valentine's Day...
> That's the one!!  I knew it was some kind of bromine or bromide or
> broomhilda...just couldn't quite remember.
>
> Balthazar of Blackmoor
> (where'd you get the info, anyway?  I'd love to learn more about it.)

Er, I'm pretty sure most of it was a combination of a chemistry class I
took four or five years ago that taught us a lot about the chemicals in
foodstuffs, how to read product labels, etc,; time spent studying
anatomy and physiology as a student midwife; curiousity as regards my
own medical condition; and last but not least, spending nearly four
years as the Lady of one of the most notorious Chocoholics in An Tir. He
couldn't eat onions, but he sure made up for it in chocolate! And he
knows everything, like exactly how many calories are in what, which of
the european chocolates have higher proprtion of chocolate liquor (not
alcohol- the base syrup stuff), Where to buy good chocolate in just
about any SCA branch in An Tir or the West...

There's probably good websites on chocolate if you look...

'Lainie