SC - Chocolate documentation?

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Sun Apr 30 20:43:24 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/30/2000 8:32:49 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
CBlackwill at aol.com writes:

<<  "In Homer's time cooks as such did not exist.
 Female slaves ground the corn and prepared the food."  This brings to memory
 another reference which may place corn well within period, though it slips
my
 memory at the moment.  I will find it and post it a.s.a.p.

Corn was a common name for cereal grain before the introduction of maize from
the New World.  Maize is very late period at best.  The very earliest it
could have been introduced is 1492, and it would have taken time to become
common.  The earliest recipes we have for it are late sixteenth century IIRC.

Mordonna the Cook,
SunDragon's Western Reaches
Atenveldt
(m.k.a. Buckeye, AZ)