SC - Re: Honey Advisory

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Sun Apr 30 20:47:56 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/30/00 2:49:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ringofkings at mindspring.com writes:

> If any of you are wondering why your mead bottles exploded there is a
>  debate
>  among some circles as to wether or not honey sellers have to tell you if
>  thier honey has had cornsyrup added to bring down the cost! <<<<

I am not confident this is taking place, but if it is, Akim is right...I'ts
illegal.  Check the label and make sure it says 100% pure honey or some such.
 I'll pull out my F.D.A. handbook and see what I can come up with re: honey
adulteration and labeling requirements.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Words are Trains for moving past what really has no Name.