SC - Books on the shielf

Lorix lorix at trump.net.au
Sun Apr 30 08:58:56 PDT 2000

RuddR at aol.com wrote:

> Lorix writes, inquiring about Pelner-Cosman's sources in Fabulous Feasts:
>
> > Well, seeing as you have gone thru the above, perhaps you can tell me where she got the fried orange recipe from?
>
> As far as I can tell, it is wholy a modern invention of hers, her students or
> caterers.  That doesn't mean it's not good . . .
>
> Rudd Rayfield

Ummm, that's what I though.  Actually, the fried oranges themselves _are_ quite
nice, however, I remember being served it at a feast where they interpreted the
'mustard' to be hot English & dipped every piece in it & strewn sugar on top.
It was *not* a nice surprise to inadvertently taste when unexpected!
Lorix