SC - Re: saffron

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Mon Apr 3 00:55:27 PDT 2000

Unto the Gathered Cooks does Gwynydd send the following:

It must be remembered that they worshipped spices in period for much the
same reasons!  I actually have never used saffron, but it doesn't smell
particularly enticing.

Gwynydd the Heretic - who has changed her address for this list to
piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au

> In a message dated 4/2/00 11:20:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> mooncat at in-tch.com writes:
We tend to "worship"  spices these days, simply because of
> their cost or rarity, and without, in some cases, any regard to their
quality
> or benefit.  I am sure that there are many people on this list who will
turn
> red with rage when they read this, but this is just my opinion.  To each
> his/her own.  If you love the musty flavor of saffron, then bully for you.
> I, for one, could take it or leave it.  I would much rather use something
> else.
Balthazar of Blackmoor