SC - au Gratin

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Apr 3 05:15:03 PDT 2000

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir wrote:

> Balthazar wrote:
>
> The vast majority of "classic" French cookery is based on the
> >teachings of Escoffier, Brillat-Savarin, Paul Bocuse and Michel Careme, all
> >of whom are relatively 19th century.
>
> Depends on what you mean by relatively. Paul Bocuse was born in 1926.
>
> Nanna

And that would make him _relatively_ 19th century, wouldn't it? Well,
wouldn't it??? ;  )

Actually, my cavil about Bocuse in this discussion is that he was one of
the founders and early proponents of nouvelle cuisine in the 1950's (and
you thought it was an '80's thing, harrumph!). This would be roughly
equivalent to including Martin Luther on a list of prominent Catholics.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com