SC - 2 REC for -Passover Eggs & chicken

Tara Sersen tsersen at nni.com
Mon Apr 3 20:27:37 PDT 2000

> NIGELLA ALMORI
> (makes about 3/4 C)
> 3 T matzoh meal         1 T caraway seeds
> 3 T bread crumbs            1 t fenugreek
> 2 T salt                1 t anise
> 1 T Nigella*                1 ½ t cinnamon
> 1 t thyme               1 t corriander seeds

Please forgive me if this is a dumb question, but what kind of bread
crumbs would you use that would qualify as kosher for Passover?  I
thought that "kosher for Passover" means nothing that is/was/could be
leavened.  Thus, cleaning every crumb out of every corner of your
kitchen.  Would you use ground up matzoh?  Why would that be any
different from the matzoh meal in the first ingredient?

On a similar note, I am told that corn syrup is out for Passover,
because corn can be made into bread (these things strike me as odd,
since corn syrup is not leavened bread, but the lady who tells me all
this stuff has kept kosher most of her life).  I have a recipe that
contains no inherently unkosher ingredients except that one.  Does
anybody know if I could substitute simple syrup, or some other sugar
product?

Thank you,
Magdalena vander Brugghe