SC - Anzac Day

Christina van Tets cjvt at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 4 08:58:24 PDT 2000

I don't think Anzac Day is a celebration.  If you remember my first post, I
said it was a remembrance day.  I think that makes all the difference.  You
don't (in our part of the army, at least) go out to party, you just
accidentally get plastered from all the drinks you're bought by veterans who
have someone at last to tell their stories to.

Cairistiona

Besides, there are heaps of 'heroic defeat' celebrations.  What about the
Shining Company?  And Arthur's last stand?  And ...