OT - Re: SC - Re: saffron

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Apr 4 04:24:56 PDT 2000

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/3/00 7:06:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> CBlackwill at aol.com writes:
>
> << Maybe it's time to head to the local fishmonger (and then to
>  the seafood merchant).
>
>  Balthazar of Blackmoor. >>
>
> A much less expensive way to  do this would be to cook  2 pots of rice....one
> with safron, one without. :-)
>
> Ras

This would certainly be less expensive, but I don't know if it would
demonstrate my point as effectively. Saffron in rice is a more obvious
primary ingredient, which, if you simply hate the stuff, doesn't really
fill the same niche or need as the saffron in the various French or
Italian fish soups, in which it appears as a seasoning, not necessarily
one you can taste among the jumble of flavors, but which makes
everything else taste better.

And the longest sentence award goes to...

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com