SC - How do you know a dish was well liked or hated?

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Wed Apr 5 07:04:41 PDT 2000

And it came to pass on 4 Apr 00,, that Sue Clemenger wrote:

> You can also try out
> dishes on unsuspecting mundanes--I took Armored Turnips to my Office Xmas
> Potluck, and people who don't normally eat turnips really liked them.
> --Maire

I have done this -- mostly baked goods, since my workplace doesn't
tend to have potlucks.  Recently, I brought in a nut tart redacted from de
Nola.  It didn't disappear as quickly as other things I've made, perhaps
because it wasn't very sweet, but I did have two people tell me that they
liked it *because* it wasn't sweet as nut tarts/pies often are.  Useful
information.  I've also taken munchies to events and handed them out to
people, asking in return for their honest comments on things like texture
and spicing.  And I am blessed with a husband who will try anything
once, and doesn't complain if dinner is a less-than-successful
experiment.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann