SC - Kohlrabi

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Wed Apr 5 16:12:32 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/5/00 8:45:25 AM Pacific Daylight Time, LrdRas at aol.com
writes:

>  << Kohlrabi tastes somewhat similar to a bitter cabbage >>
>
>  Interesting. I suppose it is all a matter of when you harvest it and how
>  quickly it is grown. My kohlrabi has never exhibited a bitter taste when
>  grown without stress or harvested in it's prime. Also extended storage
will
>  cause a bitter taste. When harvested and used promptly it has a flavor
which

>  I describe as a very mild sweet cabbage core.

This is possibly the case with my Kohlrabi.  I don't grow it, myself, but
rather purchase it from the super(?)market.  And, we all know how dangerous
that can be, don't we?

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Such a strange fascination, as I wallow in waste
That such a trivial victory could put a smile on your face.