SC - How do I get started?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Apr 5 21:56:02 PDT 2000

Mordonna the Cook said:
> heather_enaya at hotmail.com writes:
> <<
>  I am looking for pots and pans heavy enough to come through
>  campfire/hearth cooking. >>
>
> My early solution to this was to search the thrift stores for cast iron pots
> and pans.

If you are not very familar with working with, and seasoning iron
cookingware, you might want to look through this file in the FOOD
section of my files:
iron-pot-care-msg (22K)  2/ 1/00    Seasoning and caring for iron pots
and
                                       skillets.

I believe messages in this file cover starting with a brand-spanking new,
never used, not rusty pot to rejuvenating one that has been mis-used
and is rusty. You may find all conditions in thrift stores.

This file talks about various period utensils, utensil holders and I think,
a few sources:
utensils-msg     (133K) 10/ 1/99    Utensils, plates, trenchers, cast
iron pots.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net