SC - spices

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Apr 5 23:10:30 PDT 2000

 Cairistiona said:
> Huzzah UlfR for bringing up the topic of spices.  I have a little box which
> will hold about 10 bags of spices, once I make the bags.  I have a separate
> box for saffron, one for salt and one for sugar.  Any ideas what would be
> preferred by others on the list to put in the bigger box?

A while back on this list there was a thread on which spices should you
buy to supply a starting box of spices. I believe a number of these messages
are in this file in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section:
spices-msg       (126K) 12/ 9/99    Info. on spices, sources for spices.

> P.S.  I have found some recipes that I am currently translating which talk
> about substituting spices - where you can and where you can't.  When I get
> Thomas' permission, I'll post the entry.

I'm looking forward to seeing this.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net