SC - Brussel sprouts

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Apr 6 08:51:37 PDT 2000

> Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to prepare brussel
> sprouts in such a manner that this lady will like (and eat) them.
>
> /UlfR
>  well, it *sounded* like Ras type of challenge.

As an avowed Brussel Sprouts hater I actually came up with one that
I like.

Take brussel sprouts that are slightly opened. Boil them until a fork
inserted in the base goes in fairly easily. Transfer the sprouts to
a small, high-sided pan. (I use a pie tin).  Add 1/2 stick butter and
a generous sprinkling of minced garlic (About 2 cloves) and a bit
of salt and pepper. Top with seasoned bread crumbs mixed with
parmesian cheese. Broil until the tops of the sprouts begin to turn
brown.

Most of the bitterness has either been removed in the boiling or is
covered by the flavors of garlic and parmesian. Very nice.

> Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se

Yers,

Gunthar