Subject: Re: SC - I CHALLENGE YOU...

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Apr 6 10:32:27 PDT 2000

> Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 12:15:19 EDT
> From: Peldyn at aol.com
> Subject: Re: SC - I CHALLENGE YOU...

> Hmm..this seems like fun!!! I am going to make #53. It seems to me that  it
> is a bolied veal dish with a hollandaise type sauce seved over it. Is it okay
> if I try it with regular beef??? It is a 100 mile round trip to go to a store
> that would carry veal.

> Peldyn

Ma'am,

I'd be thrilled for you to try it with beef. I don't want to influence
anybody's interpretations, so I'll just say that there are several
recipes for bukkenade in the Anglo-Norman recipe corpus, and they call
for, among other meats, hens, veal, rabbit and/or hare, I think, oh --
and mutton, I'm pretty sure. Hey, it says any meat you will, doesn't it?

Ironic how I threw this into the ring as a diversionary tactic to keep
the chilluns from fighting, and it made some trouble instead, about
which I can only say it displeased me. However, the more positive

So, list personnel, people have asked for extensions. That's fine with
me. How much time do we want? A week? Ten days? How 'bout when we get
tired of talking about it, or when the Papa declares the thread ended,
which, we hope, he should have no cause to do. Right???

My thanks to all who play, and my best to all the rest.

Adamantius
P.S.: My view is that you don't actually have to cook the dish to come
up with a preliminary adapted recipe, but it couldn't hurt.
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com