SC - Brussel Sprouts

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Fri Apr 7 09:08:56 PDT 2000

>  I have no doubt that I could happily eat just about anything that
> anyone on this list prepared (the exceptions being stuff I just
> don't eat like brussel sprouts -- always tasted like rotten cabbage to
me
> no matter what was done to it).
>
> toodles, margaret

	Using a recipe I got from a Garde Manger chef I used to work with, I
make brussel sprouts with sauteed onions and bacon diced, salt and
pepper, honey and vinegar.  It is the most amazing thing to see
non-brussel sprout eaters lick the pan clean!  It is similar to the
treatment for hot German potato salad I learned from a Czeck butcher.
Basically a sweet and sour taste.  I have not really studied the German
texts, maybe Thomas could tell us if that treatment is period?
	Christianna