SC - Redaction process

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri Apr 7 11:11:13 PDT 2000

I'm told that I'm an instinctive cook.  I know that when I cook, I rarely
measure anything, and sort of instintively know when "it's enough" so far as
seasonings, etc. are concerned.  And I can usually read a recipe and have an
idea as to how it will taste.  I've been cooking for a VERY long time, both
modern and SCA (about 35 years for the former, and 20 for the latter).

However, I always still like to try out things I've never done before, unless
it's a very simple recipe.  My instincts as to how much of a particular
seasoning to use are usually pretty good, but I guess I'm one of those "belt and
suspender" types that likes to be absolutely sure I've guessed correctly.

Kiri