SC - Redaction groups

Michael Newton melcnewt at netins.net
Fri Apr 7 17:27:49 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Black Jade" <Black_Jade at bigpond.com>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2000 6:44 PM
Subject: SC - Redaction groups

> At 9:50 AM -0400 4/5/00, Cobb, Toby wrote:
>
> >Hey, Cooks!  How do y'all run your redaction groups?
>
> Sounds like a good idea.  We tried to put one together a couple of years
> back for the College, and that flopped in it's face.  Not enough
enthusiasm
> from the crowds, who likes the sound of a feed, but not the cooking it.
> How does one get over that hurdle and encourage interest in cooking?  Any
> ideas?
> -Katerine

When I was in a established shire, I had the same problem. I overcame it by
entering the original recipe in the local newsletter, and challenging the
group to bring their version to the next month's populace meeting. It
started slowly but it did produce results eventually.

Beatrix
(and the chronicler was very thankful for the submission)