SC - broth info

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Apr 8 00:11:57 PDT 2000

> macdairi at hotmail.com writes:
> <<  Adding the beef broth would make it stronger. >>

> Truthfully the beef broth was not commercial broth, just some liquid I had
> frozen from the last time I boiled beef. I usually save the cooking liquid
> when I boil meat and freeze it for later use. So it was not as strong nor was
> it salty.
>
> Peldyn

If some of the new cooks here are interested, this topic of broths and
of freezing them for later use has come up here several times before. As
a new cook unfamilar with most of this, I even believe I helped things along
with a few questions. :-) Anyway, I encourage you to take a look at
this file in the FOOD section of the Florilegium:
broths-msg        (39K)  1/12/00    Broths in period recipes. Substitutions.

Now I just have to remember to put the broth in the freezer before it
goes bad sitting in the refrigerator. :-(
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net