SC - Staff rewards

James F. Johnson seumas at mind.net
Mon Apr 10 18:30:21 PDT 2000

RichSCA at aol.com wrote:

> What I would like to know is how does the various cooks on this List "reward"
> their assistant chefs, stewarts and servers.  Or do they?   (for this change
> of topic - please change the SUBJECT LINE to include the word "rewards" or
> something along that line.  Thanks.

For my last feast, I supplied chocolate (post period be d**ned! It was
in the kitchen, not the hall) and later gave each person (most not being
ardent cooks themselves) a choice of powdre forte or powdre douce in
small handblown glass bottles. Mistress Alys the Dish Goddess got one of
each. My hall steward got saffron, she being highly fond of similar
colours and someone who would use it.

Seumas