SC - Re: [spca-wascaerfrig] Mongolian hot pot for a meal?

Richard Keith keith.78 at osu.edu
Wed Apr 12 07:26:42 PDT 2000

Greetings All,

I am going to cross post this to the SC list.

One, I do not know when red peppers came to Mongolia.  OR perhaps it should
be said Mongolia came to the west in Asia minor and Outreimer.  My book on
the Crusades is currently at home.  Was the fourth of fifth Crusade when
they entered the picture in western Europe.  I believe that the Mongols,
were at that time considered conversion prospects by Christians as well as
the Muslins.   I am presuming that the moors carried peppers back with them
from Spain and the Mongols would have  acquired them from the middle east
through conquests of mixed people of the region.

>If the sauce you are thinking about has red peppers, yes. However,
>hot sauces can be created with other spices. Many curry sauces for
>instance.

I did not know if curry was a period ingredient for the west.  Perhaps
someone can illuminate.

Would you want me to post some of my hot pot recipes and sauces?

Frederich

>Stefan
>
>PBLoomis at aol.com wrote:     Not Period because the red peppers came from
>the new world, and hadn't
> > penetrated to Mongolia before AD1600?  Or for some other reason?
> >     Curious Scotti

Back to building a set.

Frederich