SC - dietary restrictions

Wanda Pease wandapease at bigfoot.com
Wed Apr 12 21:33:03 PDT 2000

> and asked what the chopped meat was that was in the potatoe (Dan Quale
school of spelling I see :->) soup.
>  The cook
> replied that it was ham.  The gentleman then complimented the
> soup and went
> back to the conversation in the other room.  He spoke with me
> later and said
> he was a Hasidic Jew, and that although he wasn't supposed to eat
> pork, he had
> found that indeed God was a forgiving person.  :-))  Not everyone
> with that
> kind of restriction would have been so gracious.

I'm sorry?  Gracious?  Unless the lady who had volunteered to feed a group
of hungry fighters Knew he was Jewish and ignored it, I can't see why the
individual with a restriction like his would have any call to be less than
gracious!  The restriction was his, and it must be his responsibility to
check Before he sits down to eat.  I agree he reacted as a gentleman
(Judaism got to be an old religion by being totally unforgiving of human
foibles).

Regina