SC - Chopping onions

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Apr 13 08:19:33 PDT 2000

Hi y'all!

I don't tear at all when I chop onions. I used to, but haven't for
years. I figure my eyes have gotten tough after 20 years of contact
lenses (soft ones!).

The author of _Like Water for Chocolate_ says that her mother said if
you put the first slice on top of your head you won't cry. It is a very
interesting book (and movie!) but this doesn't really work that I know
of.

And I have one of those no-onion bars. It really works- they claim
something about ionization. I don't care why. But what's bad about the
smell of onions?

'Lainie