SC - Getting rid of onion odor

RichSCA at aol.com RichSCA at aol.com
Thu Apr 13 10:06:45 PDT 2000

Although you appear to be talking about onion odor that comes from your skin
via your pores, rather than onion breath... I found the following
interesting.  The National Onion Association offers these suggstions:

Rinse your mouth with equal parts of lemon juice and water.
Chew a citrus peel after eating onions.
Chew on aniseed or dill seed.
Eat a freshly washed unpeeled apple.
Eat a spring or two of parsley (this is one of the best solutions)
Munch on roasted cofee beans

Food writer Craig Claiborne once wrote on the subject of onion breath "Try
the parsley - not just a sprig, but a large amount.  Chase it by chewing
whole cloves and coriander seeds."

The authors of the Onion Book write: "Maybe the best thing to do is avoid the
society of people who do not eat onions."   (They said it, I didn't)

Rayne

In a message dated 4/13/00 11:51:13 AM Central Daylight Time,
macdairi at hotmail.com writes:

 > >But sometimes you just get so mired in the onions that you
 >would need a whole body steel. <
 >
 >Also, some of us, like me, will smell very strongly of some flavors if we
 >ingest them. For that reason, I frequently avoid pigging out on garlic if I
 >know I'm going to be wanting to make a good impression somewhere, also
 >onions, beer, asparagus and quite a few other things. And showering doesn't
 >help. It needs at least 48, preferably 72, hours to go through my system,
 >and that's it, period.

 Eat some fresh parsely and bell peppers, they're the two strongest
 flavors and scents of any foods and will quickly override the others.

 Either that or you'll smell like gumbo ;-)

 Cadoc >>