SC - An Elderly Cookbook.- An Adventure in Recent History ;-)->"Southern...

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Apr 16 00:22:04 PDT 2000

Lady Brighid answered my question with:
> And it came to pass on 14 Apr 00,, that LrdRas at aol.com wrote:
> > A teacupful is the amount that will fit into a teacup. Teacups are pretty
> > much standardized.
>
> The sources I've seen on the web seem to consider a teacupful to be
> somewhere around 4-6 fluid ounces.

Thank you, Brighid. I know what a teacup is and there are probably some
in my mother's china or in the china that was her mothers but I don't
have any teacups here at my house. Lots of coffee mugs yes, teacups, no.
The measurement in ounces or fractions of a cup was indeed what I was
curious about.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net