SPCA- LONG!!! was Re: SC - Plastic Ware

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Mon Apr 17 17:34:05 PDT 2000

Kiri skrev:

>This camp sounds like a lot of fun.  However, as my lord and I are Baron
and
Baroness of our local group, we will be camping with them.  However, we'd
love
to visit with you folks and get to know you "up close and personal".  So
please
let us know where you will be (we'll be up on the Serengetti, somewhere
around
the N18 area) and when it would suit for us to come to visit. <

We're, as always, in our nice, shaded camp down by Orluk Oasis in W10, I
think. Just ask for me by name- everyone knows me down there, pretty much,
since we've all camped down there together for several years. Our SPCA name
is new, so it'll take a couple years for them to recognize us by it.

When will you be there? I'm doing Land Grab, so I'll be there all War. One
of our public meals will be the feast we're inviting all of W10 to on the
evening of Land Grab, as well as the Land Grab staff. The thought is, that
we're all tired, after driving to Pennsic, doing Land Grab, and setting up
camps, so Margali has been setting up a meal for us all- Shrimp Alfredo and
salad. Not very period, but tasty,
filling, easy to do, easy to stretch, and easy to modify for vegans and
allergies- just gave an alternate sauce.

Do you want on the SPCA List? It will give you a better idea of what we're
planning, when, and you can go through our archives as well.

Anybody from SCA Cooks is welcome to visit our camp, any time. Even for
"closed" meals- we'll find something to feed you ;-)

Frederich, another thought- could you make us a hat and belt rack for the
entrance to camp? We ask you to take off your regalia in camp, put up your
feet, and rest and eat a while- it's actually more for your benefit, than
ours....

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous