SC - Scrapple-Recipe-OOP

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Apr 17 21:55:14 PDT 2000

Black Jade wrote:

> That may be as is.  I have arthritis as well, but I refuse point blank to
> eat either liver or kindeys. (I'm the sort of person who will religously
> pick out every single bit of kidney in a steak and kidney pie. Or better
> still avoid all contact with the stuff)  I realise that with hindsight I
> was ruined by my mother who was hopeless at preparing liver and kidneys. My
> memories are of tough bits of unidentifiable meat that tasted awful. It
> there any way this can be prepared leaving out the liver?
> -Katerine (Who would prefer to find better things for treating her arthritis)

Well, I also refuse to eat organ meats- I know they're wonderful, Ras,
BUT- Liver and Kidneys in particular- these organs are designed to do
what? To filter and cleanse the body of poisons and other impurities.
Even cleaned, etc., I still don't relish the idea of eating something
that collects and dumps the garbage! And considering the awful things
they feed our livestock nowdays, and the unknown effects of some of the
chemistry, I choose not to eat those portions most likely to encounter
that icky stuff. Just my two livres...

'Lainie