SC - Reactionary posts and what this list is about

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Tue Apr 18 08:58:01 PDT 2000

&

>  Do Unnatural Acts Cause Natural Disasters?
>
>      Pat Robertson, founder of the Christian Coalition, recently warned
Orlando, Florida, that it was courting natural disaster by
allowing gay pride flags to be flown along its streets.

>  "A condition like this will bring about ... earthquakes, tornadoes,
>   and possibly a meteor," Robertson said.
>
>    Apparently he was referring to his belief that the presence of openly
gay people incurs divine wrath and that God acts through
geological and meteorological events to destroy municipalities that
permit gay people the same civil liberties as others. ?(Robertson also
warned Orlando about terrorist bombs, suggesting the possibility that
God may also employ terrorists.

Phlip

Over the past couple of weeks I've had to put out several fires and had
to put my foot down on too many occasions. This has mainly been started
by new people on the list who feel this is the Rialto. Sieggy has walked
on the edge a few times but mostly been just barely within the bounds
I place on this list. A few of the posts have gotten too far over the edge.
Even though he may actually have no problem with gays or pagans or
whatever he implied he did or could have been construed that way.

Philip, the post you sent is not on any of the topics this list was designed
for. You had the courtesy to contact the list mistress of the ironrose list
to see if it was within the proper content but didn't extend the same courtesy
to me.  I would have vetoed it.

Once again. This list is for history, cooking and items related to recreation.
No commentary about gays, republicans, pagans, jews, blacks, whites, etc...

Perhaps because this list has gotten so big that we are having more problems
but I'm getting very tired of having to stop inflammatory remarks. If you have
something to say that you feel could insult someone then I seriously recommend
you reconsider your words. Even if you think you are being funny.

If you have something off-topic to post I suggest you ask me first. Any further

such posts or posts of an offensive nature will constitute a bannable offense.

If this keeps up the list will end.

Gunthar