SC - Compost and Kitchen Crew management

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 18 14:43:59 PDT 2000

>What I do is to ask the autocrat to provide me with help during the day and
>during the feast to wash dishes.

What I have done is send a herald to tell the populace that the kitchen
needs help with dishes, and that there will be snacks as payment. Usually
cookies, or some of the lunch that was provided for the cooks (a lady in tha
barony does cook's lunch as her mission, bless her!) I usually get starving
teens, but was lucky enough to get a mom this past weekend, who helped with
the pile of dishes and then did a seek and wash tour of the kitchen finding
all the items cooks hadn't put on the washing counter.

I've never been cook on the site with the hobart, but I find myself doing a
lot of relatively effortless dishwashing instead of helping cook at events
held there. I'm the one with the hang-up about keeping the kitchen clean
during the day, so when I'm not cook, thats the task I put myself to.

bonne