SC - quick important note- update

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Apr 18 21:19:39 PDT 2000

Hi everybody!

I would have written this afternoon but EFN was down *yet again* and
wasn't up until about 8...

I _think _ the interview went well. I felt pretty good about it. It was
for a Program Coordinator position for a nonprofit called Colombia
Corridor Association. CCA is a sort-of kind-of Chamber of Commerce-like
organization that works with businesses in the Corridor- 'bout from the
Portland Airport through the east side of Portland out to Gresham,
Troutdale, Fairview, etc. The position is mostly interface stuff with
members, new member recruitment, staging events (!), pulling together
info, helping new businesses wade through the piles of regulations, etc.
It is sort of an entry-level executive position- exactly what I want- a
Real Job. The pay is Ok to start (because they are a non-profit it isn't
stunning, but I won't starve) and essentially the better I am at my job
(if I get it) the more they will be able to up the compensation. Major
drawback- no medical benefits. Flying without a net. But I'm willing to
do it- it is a foot in and better than no job, which is where I'm at
now...

There was lots of smiles, head nodding, furious scribbling in response
to my responses to their questions. They seemed really impressed by my
notebook habit (I though everyone did that- am I weird?) and some of the
stuff I've been doing as SLUG Queen (they even made a big deal out of
'properly' greeting the visiting royalty:-)

They should be making a decision around the end of the week. I just have
to remember to breathe occasionally until then.

And yes, Anne-Marie, I'll be closer to Madrone. I don't know how much
travel I'll be doing for awhile yet- there's a lot of catch-up to do,
re-settling the kids (moving teenagers will _not_ be fun) and trying to
set money aside for upcoming major expenditures. But there's nothing
preventing you from driving down... ;-) For that matter, I am only two
hours farther south now as it is... :-)

(For those of you who don't know, An Tir is geographically enormous. The
Summits is about 3/4 the size of the Nation of France. Corner to corner
is pushing four hours at freeway speed. From the southern border at Glyn
Dwfn to Kingdom Central where Anne-Marie is, is roughly eight hours with
no traffic. A two hour drive is an easy day-trip.)

Keep your fingers crossed. And I'll post the news as soon as I get
some...

love,

'Lainie