SC - reasonably safe water at Pennsic

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 19 06:47:42 PDT 2000

15 ppm of soluable Chlorine will 'kill 'em all' without much of an aftertaste.  That is actually, IIRC, the FDA level for proprietary sanitizer.  Our water in Lilburn was around 35 ppm, so the 155 would be hardly noticable in taste.  Take some plain, really cheap bleach and some chlorine test strips.....voila!  Potable water for pennies a gallon.  (most all municipal water has chlorination for antisepsis anyway).

Add the bleach to large quantity, and then allow to sit covered but not sealed for a half day to let the chlorine dissipate some.  I can figure the numbers out for oz bleach to gallons of water if anyone is interested.

niccolo

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
>     I dunno - a virus is basically a molecule with an attitude, and if thePennsic Two Step is viral in nature, I'm not sure I'd trust any of these
filters to eliminate them. At least, not without a specific declaration of
that fact on the product spec.
    A cellular critter is a few orders of magnitude larger than a virus. I'd
trust a filter to take out protozoa, but a virus . . .? Your call, your
intestinal tract . . .

    Sieggy