SC - Hard as little rocks

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Wed Apr 19 23:30:01 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/19/00 8:35:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au writes:

>      Just remember that a pressure cooker is also a steam bomb. I worked at
>  > BBQ place that did beans in a 20 gallon pressure cooker, and one day, a
>  > mexican worker decided that the relief valve wasn't fast enough, so he
set
>  > it in a sink of cold water. The resulting explosion killed him (thank
god,
>  > and I'm not kidding), and took out the back third of the prep area.
>  Pressure
>  > cookers are great, just remember the key word is 'pressure!'.
>  >
>  >     Sieggy

This is a horrifying thought.  The image this conjures makes my skin crawl.
How many times in my career have I considered doing just this very thing?
This is a post which will haunt me for years (and has already caused me to
warn all of my family to NEVER screw around with a pressure cooker).  I
already knew not to pop the lid, but had never considered that popping it
into hot water would make it explode.

And yes, thank whomever you wish that this gentleman did NOT survive.  Some
obviously consider it offensive to think so...I call it Mercy.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Such a strange fascination, as I wallow in waste
That such a trivial victory could put a smile on your face.
                                        - Mark Burgess