SC - Dangers of pressure cookers

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Thu Apr 20 07:45:52 PDT 2000

I don't know everything about anything, but I'm betting that it wasn't the
pressure that blew the cooker alone, but the plunging into a sink of cold
water. It was said it was a big pressure cooker. My bet is metal stress from
the sudden temperature change caused a small split, which no doubt got bigger
REAL fast from the pressure behind it. I too have cooled down our home sized
pressure cooker lots of times using cool water (albeit gingerly), to no ill
effect I can see.

Corwyn