SC - feast catapults

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu Apr 20 15:35:10 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/20/2000 1:03:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kelan at mindspring.com writes:

<< I am toying with the idea of putting small catapults and bunches of grapes
 out with the second remove at our feast of thirty event.  The current design
 has a small pin that allows you to load grapes and melon balls but not more
 messy items like soup or hummus.  Does anyone have any feast fight
 experience? >>

Other than small balls of bread being thrown about, no.  And considering how
many people like to dress up for feast, I think you might well have some
irate folks who would want you to pay their cleaning bills when their nice
garb gets grape juice and squished melon all over it.

In my opinion, the medieval feasts we are creating, while not always "polite"
by our standards (ie bones being thrown on the floor), were probably not for
ruffians either.  I know there are references to making the stableboys and
other uncouth persons sit together, under the direct supervision of their
master, with the assumption that they wouldn't know how to behave properly in
hall and would need a chaperone.  Hey Lainie, do any of your etiquette books
say anything about throwing food?

Brangwayna Morgan