SC - Ravioli, dumplings, and excoriation

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Sat Apr 22 21:43:52 PDT 2000

On Sat, 22 Apr 2000, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> If your liver were such a toxic waste dump as all that, you'd be dead,
> or at least suffering from cirrhosis, and the toxic wastes to which I
> suspect you refer are produced to a great extent in the muscles, which
> you possibly have no trouble eating. Eeee-eww!

Those arguments allways reminds me of the spontaneous comment of a
friend who was offered a piuce of smoked reindeer heart: "But
that's smooth muscle!". Peoople have the strangest reasons for not
wanting to eat a certain food. More left over for me.

> that _I've_ cooked"...I can only say that I got away with charging $27
> US for a smallish portion, which may or may not be considered a measure
> of quality.

To some extent it could perhaps be attributed to you charging $27 for a
smallish portion: if it was that expensive it *must* be good. The real
question is, of course; did you get repeat custom on that dish?

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather.  Not screaming
in terror like his passengers.
		-- Jim Harkins