SC - Ravioli, dumplings, and excoriation

margali margali at 99main.com
Sun Apr 23 06:31:59 PDT 2000

Actually, though the kidneys filter the umpurities out of the blood, adn
I refuse to touch them on that ground, the skin also filters out
impurities as well-I know, I stink if I cannot shower frequently as I
have very reduced kidney function from a series of very dangerous kidney
infections that left massive scaring. The main difference between the
kidneys and the skin is that the kidneys also concentrate the toxins by
essentially performing reverse osmosis filteration on the blood sort of
like the form of dialysis where they use the membranes in the abdominal
cavity to perform that function, the skin does not. Toxins can build up
in the kidneys in stress cinditions as the body cranks out adrenalin and
other hormones.

The liver does actually act as a blood filter as well, though it tends
to concentrate heavy metals such as lead, mercury, gold, silver,
bismouth, beryllium and uranium salts. Where the liver can flush these
out to a degree, it is very difficult to recover from heay metal
poisoning from the way the tissues bind the toxins. There is currently a
prohibitiion for using shark livers as a source for vitamine E and
certain omega 3 fish oils because of this tendancy.

Cirrhosis is another matter entirely. I will let Columbia explain it
better than I ever could.

 http://cpmcnet.columbia.edu/dept/gi/cirrhosis.html

margali
[I have *got* to stop reading one of these days, it is getting scary
finding out how much garbage is being forced on our environment that we
cannot safely handle!]

If your liver were such a toxic waste dump as all that, you'd be dead,
or at least suffering from cirrhosis, and the toxic wastes to which I
suspect you refer are produced to a great extent in the muscles, which
you possibly have no trouble eating. Eeee-eww!