SC - Chickpeas

Patrick Hood kelan at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 23 09:33:04 PDT 2000

snip
> There are many warehouse stores -BJ's Wholesale Club, Costco, Sam's Club
> and the like that sell in bulk-and many of them have the #10 cans of
> stuff[mmmm, black olives!] and the 66.6 zo cans of tuna, 50# flour and
> the like. Some grocery stores will even have a bulk section with #10
> cans.
> margali
> >>>
> Do you buy these from a restaurant supply company?  If so, the average
> home
> cook , while possibly able to order from a distributor, will most likely
> not
> get the same good price as a restaurant manager or Chef.  Just curious.
>
> Balthazar of Blackmoor

We have a camp director who lets us piggyback on his orders for canned
goods.  I've also known some mom and pop restaurants that will let you tack
on an item or two to their list.  Most of them will agree or at least not be
rude in thier refusal.  On things like chicken and angus beef we save almost
fifty percent!
Nykademus