SC - Was Ravioli, dumplings, and excoriation - now cooking Liver

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Sun Apr 23 10:12:28 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
> If you look again at the original, you'll see that it's the onions that
are to
> be minced small; the numbles are to be carved "to dyce", which I
> *think* means into pieces the size and shape of playing dice

Yes, this does make sense - the next problem (and one for the historic games
list!) is how big were dice in Period?  Actually, the onions ended up being
anything but "minced small"!  The slippery little beggars kept evading my
knife.  Still, the Lady likes her onions in large pieces, so that was fine.

Gwynydd