SC - Cooking Laurels

Jimmie.Ruthford at ramstein.af.mil Jimmie.Ruthford at ramstein.af.mil
Mon Apr 24 04:10:12 PDT 2000

Greetings!

I've had several converations with members in my area along the subject of
cooking and its association with the Arts/Sciences.  One particular area of
interest is the making of a Laurel in Cooking.  What I'd like know is what
were Laurels recognized for to receive their Peerage?  I've seen the
discussion about a "Laurel's kitchen" versus a "Pelican's kitchen".  I
assume the Laurel built their status through continued participation in A&S
compititions.  What kind of projects eventually led to being elevated to
Laurel?  Is there particular documentation that should be used (i.e.
original manuscripts, interpretations by researchers, "approved" list of
sources, etc.)?

Robeard