SC - pollack..

allilyn at juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Mon Apr 24 22:08:28 PDT 2000

>>Is it pollock (saithe, Pollachius pollachius), or pollack (Pollachius
virens), as your header says?<<

The label does say pollock, but the flesh is white.  The fillets are
several inches wide,  from 7 to 9" in length.  Perhaps young pollock?
I'll try some cod or haddock recipes.  The fish soup sounds interesting;
I used to love clam chowder.  How is it made, and is this period or
possibly period?  With all those kettles, fish soups are bound to be
period.

Thanks, Nanna.  I wasn't aware there were 2 close relatives.

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com