SC - Cooking Laurels

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Mon Apr 24 22:16:53 PDT 2000

hey all from Anne-Marie

Bonne asks:
I've wondered about this for a long time.  Is apprentiship a requirement for
>eventually getting a laurel?

again, your kingdom may vary from mine, but no, apprenticeship is in no way
required for anything. We actually have a fair number of Laurels in our
kingdom (including the latest one on vigil...yay Linnet!) who are not part
of the apprentice program. I actually still am an apprentice, in spite of
being granted a Laurel last year. see, I ahvent learned everything my
laurel can teach me yet!

Now, having a Laurel as your buddy, whether in a formal relationship or
not, will sometimes mean your work gets seen that much quicker, and you
start to build the relationships with other artisans, which can only help
you develop your skills, but at least in an tir, Formal Apprentice Status
is not required.

hope this helps,
- --AM