SC - Re: Substitutions

allilyn at juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Tue Apr 25 21:20:40 PDT 2000

>> When I was using the image of subbing in fish for duck, I was speaking
hypothetically<<

Well, Phlip, it seems to me I've read a lot of recipes from different
corpuses [?] that let the cook use a fish in Lent rather than the meat
which is recommended in a particular recipe.  Too late to go hunting
tonight, but I'll keep watch for more substitutions.

As far as duck for rabbit or vice versa, they are both about the same
size, often wild, slightly dark meat with definate flavor to each even if
different from each other.  Doesn't seem strange to me, but I find my
thinking more and more influenced by the period sources.

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com